Sunday, July 6, 2014

Studio Time


 I spent my first morning in ages in my studio, just doodling. Over the past while, I've been feeling a bit stretched, rushing through projects and deadlines, and not having enough time to clear my head and play (or write blog posts!). It is something I miss. That freedom of thought and creation. The 'oh, what will I make next'. I've been winding down (or trying to) for the past few months, clearing out the mental and physical tasks, to allow myself some free time to design and play. There might be some big projects in the pipeline, so I'm taking this month to just chill. I cleared off my table in my studio and sat with naught but pen and paper. OK I exaggerate, there was a few different types of pens, boxes, metal scraps, flask, teacups, etc, but you get my drift.



Last year, I wrote a blog post about my love of metal, and a piece of embroidery I made, inspired by my love of metal (read about it here). I also rambled about drawing in that blog post, so I wont ramble about it again here. Suffice to say, I had a lovely morning drawing small tiny pieces of metal. I hope to do a series of work based on my doodling, that will include more embroidery, print, and well, any other medium that might suit!

No comments: